Because you are a valued member of our Mercy Chefs team, I want to wish you a HAPPY 15th ANNIVERSARY!
This week, we're celebrating FIFTEEN YEARS of Mercy Chefs providing chef-quality meals to those facing crisis and disaster. And since in a very real way, friends like you have made EVERY MEAL possible, I want you to join with us in recognizing what God has done through Mercy Chefs and our straightforward mission to "just feed people."
+ + Would you help us celebrate?
Would you take a few moments right now to help us celebrate what the Lord has done through Mercy Chefs and faithful friends like you?
We have set up a special 15th ANNIVERSARY page where you can leave a note to celebrate with Mercy Chefs as we reflect on 15 years of feeding people who have been hit by a disaster. Go here to leave your thoughts:
+ + They didn't think Mercy Chefs could happen...
I'm overwhelmed by all that has taken place since I first responded to a cry in my heart to provide high-quality meals to folks who had just been hit by a disaster. I'll share more with you tomorrow about how Mercy Chefs started, but I can tell you that 15 years ago relief agencies weren't even considering providing restaurant-quality, chef-prepared meals to people in disaster zones. (I actually proposed the idea to some organizations and was turned down!)
Fifteen years later, look at what God has done through the faithfulness of friends like you...
- Mercy Chefs was the first relief organization to bring chef-quality meals in large quantities to disaster zones, and the impact has been greater than I ever dreamed;
- We have responded to nearly 140 disasters in 27 states and 10 countries;
- We have provided more than 15 million meals;
- More than 15,000 volunteers have teamed with us to serve these meals;
- We now have 4 community kitchens and 6 mobile kitchens based from coast-to-coast so we can respond to a disaster anywhere in the country in 24-48 hours;
- Our unique community-based model connects those in need with local churches and resources so the impact of what we do continues long after our deployment ends
I'm so grateful for the faithfulness of friends like you these past 15 years. Thank you so much for the vital role you have played in making chef-quality meals a reality for millions of people in critical need.
Gary LeBlanc, Mercy Chefs
P.S. Tomorrow, I'll share more about how Mercy Chefs started. For today, would you offer your thoughts and comments on how Mercy Chefs has impacted lives by providing chef-quality meals to hurting people? Perhaps you can share how you first heard about Mercy Chefs. Or maybe you or someone you know has volunteered with us or has been blessed by one of our meals. I would love to hear from you. Go here:
Do you like this page?